Urban Habitats is a peer-reviewed, open-access electronic journal on the biology of urban areas. Articles are welcomed from scientists, scholars, and practitioners in urban habitat restoration, conservation biology, urban botany, landscape architecture and design, and other fields concerning urban ecology.
Urban Habitats is currently on hiatus. Submissions are not being accepted.
By submitting an article to Urban Habitats, authors implicitly agree to the following editorial and publishing policies.
- Articles submitted must not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Authors must honor any reasonable request by the editors for materials, methods, or data necessary to verify the conclusions of the studies reported.
- Authors retain copyright on most content but agree to grant Urban Habitats an exclusive license to publish the content in print (the journal is archived at numerous reference libraries) and online.
- Authors agree to disclose all affiliations and funding sources, especially those that might be perceived as potential sources of bias or conflicts of interest.
- The corresponding author accepts the responsibility that all authors named on an article have agreed to be listed and have seen and approved the manuscript.
- Articles will remain privileged documents and will not be released to the press or public prior to publication.
Urban Habitats is available free over the Internet and therefore cannot pay for submissions. Neither does it charge authors to publish accepted papers.